When conniving Mughal upstart Aurangzeb imprisoned his father, Emperor Shah Jehan, in Agra Fort in 1657, he told him he could choose just one thing to eat every day for the rest of his life. The old man chose chick peas because the prison cook told him he would be able to make something different [...]
The best ices in Delhi? It’s a big claim, but these are kulfis with a pedigree.
The Kuremal family have been making kulfi in the old city since 1908 when Pandit Kuremal left his ancestral village in Haryana at the age of 8 to seek fame and fortune in the big city. He learned the [...]
Nothing right now, but watch this space!
This blog is an endeavour to share experiences at Delhi's offbeat eating joints, which are low on pretension and high on value for money and dining experience.
Contributions and comments from all and sundry are not just welcome, but eagerly solicited! For details, see the About Us page.
We also head out to try new places (or revisit old favourites!) about twice a month. Want to join us? Just drop us a line!
- sicunder: The first nihari, I ever tasted (only 2 months back) was noor mohammadi (bombay)pulled beef ( mahin ghost )...
- Shadab: The best nahari I ever tasted and most of the people would agree is that of “Rahim Nahari, Chowk,...
- fahim ahmed: After reading so many comments about Noora’s nihari i went up there early in the morning (around...
- Narender: Hakeem: Please note it is Kicchad Choley. Kicchad literally means mud, in reference to the soupy mashed...
- Pak Recipes: Nihari is a wonderful dish, very popular in Pakistan, people treat it here like national dish.
Shameless plug: My family recently launched a small bed and breakfast in Delhi. If you're looking for accommodation, consider checking out Jorbagh BnB!
- Cuisine (36)
- Diet (36)
- Location (36)
- Masterclass (2)
- Meal (36)
- Price (36)
- Street Food (12)
- Uncategorized (1)
All text and images on this website are licenced under the following terms:
Eating Out in Delhi by Hemanshu Kumar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://eoid.org/about-us.