When conniving Mughal upstart Aurangzeb imprisoned his father, Emperor Shah Jehan, in Agra Fort in 1657, he told him he could choose just one thing to eat every day for the rest of his life. The old man chose chick peas because the prison cook told him he would be able to make something different [...]
The best ices in Delhi? It’s a big claim, but these are kulfis with a pedigree.
The Kuremal family have been making kulfi in the old city since 1908 when Pandit Kuremal left his ancestral village in Haryana at the age of 8 to seek fame and fortune in the big city. He learned the [...]
Nothing right now, but watch this space!
This blog is an endeavour to share experiences at Delhi's offbeat eating joints, which are low on pretension and high on value for money and dining experience.
Contributions and comments from all and sundry are not just welcome, but eagerly solicited! For details, see the About Us page.
We also head out to try new places (or revisit old favourites!) about twice a month. Want to join us? Just drop us a line!
- google: You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something...
- usnews.rankingsandreviews.com: Please note doctors don’t prescribe oral medicines for vaginal infections, it...
- Fard Farhoudi: In Chittagong long time ago, there was a Dehlavi restaurant which used to serve Nehari for breakfast,...
- Hakeem Baig: Most of the Afghan Cuisine is derived from the Persian Cuisine on how their Kababs are made. Some of the...
- Hakeem Baig: ‘Chikkad Choley’ available in North American desi pakistani-punjabi restaurants is also...
Shameless plug: My family recently launched a small bed and breakfast in Delhi. If you're looking for accommodation, consider checking out Jorbagh BnB!
- Cuisine (36)
- Diet (36)
- Location (36)
- Masterclass (2)
- Meal (36)
- Price (36)
- Street Food (12)
- Uncategorized (1)
All text and images on this website are licenced under the following terms:
Eating Out in Delhi by Hemanshu Kumar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://eoid.org/about-us.