When conniving Mughal upstart Aurangzeb imprisoned his father, Emperor Shah Jehan, in Agra Fort in 1657, he told him he could choose just one thing to eat every day for the rest of his life. The old man chose chick peas because the prison cook told him he would be able to make something different [...]
It’s true. We men don’t ask for directions.
A couple months back, having heard one too many recommendations for Sitaram Dewan Chand’s Chhole Bhature, I googled their address, found the rough location on an online map, and went down to Paharganj. I reached the street I was looking for, but despite driving as slowly as [...]
There are few things more difficult than getting yourself to start going for morning walks in Delhi’s pitiful excuse of a monsoon season. I had been trying to get going for several weeks, on occasion even succeeding in rousing myself in the wee hours of the morning. But I would lose heart when just a [...]
On a sunny winter afternoon, led by our enthusiastic local guide Asmita, Harneet and I set out to try the many little gems tucked away in the by-lanes of Kamla Nagar, near the North Campus of the University of Delhi.
Our pilgrimage began, as it inevitably had to, with Chacha’s Chhole Bhature. Thanks to the [...]
Nothing right now, but watch this space!
This blog is an endeavour to share experiences at Delhi's offbeat eating joints, which are low on pretension and high on value for money and dining experience.
Contributions and comments from all and sundry are not just welcome, but eagerly solicited! For details, see the About Us page.
We also head out to try new places (or revisit old favourites!) about twice a month. Want to join us? Just drop us a line!
- google: You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something...
- usnews.rankingsandreviews.com: Please note doctors don’t prescribe oral medicines for vaginal infections, it...
- Fard Farhoudi: In Chittagong long time ago, there was a Dehlavi restaurant which used to serve Nehari for breakfast,...
- Hakeem Baig: Most of the Afghan Cuisine is derived from the Persian Cuisine on how their Kababs are made. Some of the...
- Hakeem Baig: ‘Chikkad Choley’ available in North American desi pakistani-punjabi restaurants is also...
Shameless plug: My family recently launched a small bed and breakfast in Delhi. If you're looking for accommodation, consider checking out Jorbagh BnB!
- Cuisine (36)
- Diet (36)
- Location (36)
- Masterclass (2)
- Meal (36)
- Price (36)
- Street Food (12)
- Uncategorized (1)
All text and images on this website are licenced under the following terms:
Eating Out in Delhi by Hemanshu Kumar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://eoid.org/about-us.